National Safety Consulting offers full- and part-time Safety Consultant opportunities for recent graduates, as well as safety professionals with experience. We also offer contract opportunities for those who are more interested in short-term or long-term assignments in a variety of industries all across the United States.
Click on a position listed below in which you may be interested. To be considered for a position, submit a resume, along with any certifications and references. Once submitted, a recruiter will review the resume. If considered qualified for the position, we will be in contact with you to further discuss your background and experience.
We are always looking for experienced Safety Coordinators to help our clients minimize the risk of job-related accidents. Safety coordinators should be well-versed in all OSHA dictations. Your work will be focused on prevention so you need to be diligent and analytical. You will possess a keen eye for detail and a sensitivity for potential dangers.
The goal is to support the creation of a healthy and safe workplace for our clients and their employees.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare monthly safety meetings
- Periodic job visitation and auditing
- Maintain company safety and health programs
- Perform monitoring activities as needed; i.e., air sampling
- Create and conduct periodical training programs as needed
- Manage and Investigate incident, injury, and near-miss occurrences
- Determine Incident Levels for reporting
- Interact on behalf of the company on all insurance activities relating to accidents or injuries
- Provide on-going support for safety related needs.
- Advise management of changes in regulations as needed
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a 2 year Degree, preferred 2 year A.A.S. in safety related field, Bachelor Degree would be a plus
- 5 plus years experience minimum (Combination of work and education experience)
- Able to perform and supervise duties of Safety Specialist
- Possesses and displays supervisory/management skills and decision making
- Demonstrate good analytical decision making during problem solving
- Maintain cooperative working relationship at all levels
- Perform all duties in an independent manner
- Maintain flexibility and work with changing priorities as needed
- Maintain a well-groomed, professional appearance appropriate for the position